"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant." ~Robert Louis Stevenson
To me, this quote encapsulates the "big picture." Every day isn't going to be a winner. You are not going to accomplish everything in one day. Instead, do a few small things well, that will add up in the end to a wonderful outcome. Farmers who plant "good seeds" can expect an abundant harvest eventually. A few of the seeds may not sprout, and that's fine too. However, if he plants all old or less-than-ideal seeds, nothing will ever grow. Play the waiting game and reap the benefits.
Anyone have any comments or a favorite quote? I'd love to hear from you!
My family and I are big "quoters"--when I'm in the right mood I can find a quote from a book, song, movie, or previous situation to apply to anything I happen to be talking about. But I find it really difficult to pick a favorite one. It tends to fluctuate depending on what I'm into at the time. One that I find particularly encouraging at any point in my life: "There is more grace in God than there is sin in me." (Unfortunately I can't remember at the moment who said it!)
ReplyDelete